Re: [Exim] need help

Autor: Gavin Sherry
A: maye
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] need help
Hi Maye,

> The problem is: every time I send mail to this address
> I got a message from exim:
>
>     all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts:
>     it appears that the DNS operator for this domain has installed an
> invalid MX record with an IP address instead of a domain name on
> the right hand side

Exim rightly generates an error here as per default
(??) configuration. You should contact the DNS maintainer for this domain
and report the mis-configuration. Basically, their DNS record looks like
this:

domain.com.        IN     MX    10    1.2.3.4.

This is incorrect. there should be NO IP addresses specified for an MX
record. It needs to point to a valid hostname[.domain].

Gavin