Re: [Exim] webfrontend for configuring virtual domains?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Jeremy C. Reed
Para: Michael Thies
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] webfrontend for configuring virtual domains?
On Fri, 23 Feb 2001, Michael Thies wrote:

> I wonder, if there exists any webfrontend, which can configure
> virtual-mail-domains, with authentification for each domain or so.

I don't think one exists.

> I'm looking for a solution, before coding one.

I have been planning to write one too, but I haven't had the time and
don't have much of a need.

> It should be possible, to activate pop3/imap/forwarding-accounts on a
> virtual domain, administrated by the customer himself.

What do you mean by activate? Who is the customer?

I imagine: /etc/virtual/domains as the list of virtual domains,
/etc/virtual/foo.bar/passwd as a list of virtual users and
/etc/virtual/foo.bar/ as a list of aliases for that particular domain.

Does activate mean adding a new user to the passwd list?

Is the customer the person in charge of the virtual domain? If so, how do
they authenticate before making changes?

> Also generating vacation-messages and so on...

Sounds like an interesting idea.

> And/or hints for using an imap-server, which cooperates very well with
> exim and a popper...

I use this popper with my virtual mail domains Exim setup:
http://www.reedmedia.net/software/virtualmail-pop3d/

  Jeremy C. Reed
     ISP-FAQ.com -- find answers to your questions
     http://www.isp-faq.com/