RE: [Exim] retry rules for bounce messages

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: O.Cook
CC: stern, exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] retry rules for bounce messages

I think the suggestion was that if they are bouncing due to the
recipient address being nonexistant, you should set up recipient
verification, so that you don't accept mail for recipients that don't
exist in the first place, regardless of wether its spam or not.

If they are bouncing for some other reason, then you might consider the
following options:

ignore_errmsg_errors Type: boolean Default: false

If this option is set, failed addresses in error reports (that is,
bounce messages, whose senders are '<>') are discarded (with a log
entry). The default action is to freeze such messages for human
attention.

ignore_errmsg_errors_after Type: time Default: 0s

This option, if it is set to a non-zero time, acts as a delayed version
of "ignore_errmsg_errors", which must be unset for this option to take
effect. When an error message that was frozen because of delivery
failure has been on the queue for more than the given time, it it
unfrozen at the next queue run, and a further delivery it attempted. If
delivery fails again, the error message is discarded. This makes it
possible to keep failed error messages around for a shorter time than
the normal maximum retry time for frozen messages. For example,

ignore_errmsg_errors_after = 12h

retries failed error message deliveries after 12 hours, discarding any
further failures. For ways of automatically dealing with other kinds of
frozen message, see "auto_thaw" and "timeout_frozen_after".