RE: [Exim] port number logging in received lines

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Paul Walsh
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Philip Hazel
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: RE: [Exim] port number logging in received lines
On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Paul Walsh wrote:

> How about some other character to delimit IP address and port?
>
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4~9876
>
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4^9876
>
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4_9876
>
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4=9876

>Oh, they all have problems, don't they? It's a pity that "." is not
>liked, because I still believe that that has the least problems in the
>long run.

I had a feeling they might! "." may not be liked now (though it's OK by
me), but when we all troop over to IPv6 (says he, suppressing a titter)
it'll be a change from all those colons! In the meantime, how about
1.2.3.4..9876 ? It still uses "." but visually separates IP from port.

>Maybe by the time Exim 4 comes out there will be a standard? I don't
>suppose I'll be that lucky...

About as much chance as a certain company whose name begins with M actually
adhering to the RFCs! :)

Paul