Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jeffrey Goldberg, Paul Walsh
Kopio: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [Exim] port number logging in received lines
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:

> The concern about "-" is that it might look like a number range. Now I
> know that a range of IP addresses makes no sense in that context, we are
> trying to avoid ambiguity.

You are right. :-(

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001, Paul Walsh wrote:

> How about some other character to delimit IP address and port?
>
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4~9876
>
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4^9876
>
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4_9876
>
> exim -bh 1.2.3.4=9876

Oh, they all have problems, don't they? It's a pity that "." is not
liked, because I still believe that that has the least problems in the
long run.

Maybe by the time Exim 4 comes out there will be a standard? I don't
suppose I'll be that lucky...