Re: [Exim] suffix_optional and local_parts within directors

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Bernard Stern
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] suffix_optional and local_parts within directors
On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Bernard Stern wrote:

> On one director, I do set local_parts to some looked-up value, as well
> as suffix and suffix_optional:

<snip>

> with full debugging (-d9), I noticed that the suffix is not stripped
> from the local part when running that director.

Does this extract from section 21.1 of the manual explain what you are
seeing?

Processing of the "prefix" and "suffix" options does not happen until after
the check of "local_parts" is done, so the local part that is checked at that
stage is the full local part. If you want to select a director based on a
partial local part, you can use a regular expression, or make use of the
"condition" option to do more complicated processing (such as looking up a
prefix-stripped local part in a file).