[Exim] suffix_optional and local_parts within directors

Autor: Bernard Stern
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [Exim] suffix_optional and local_parts within directors
Hello,

I don't know if it's an undocumented feature, at least I could not find
it in the exim documentation, and (as my memory goes) it was not mentionned
on the list lately. Anyway, here is my current problem.

On one director, I do set local_parts to some looked-up value, as well
as suffix and suffix_optional:

some_director:
driver = forwardfile
no_check_local_user
local_parts = lsearch;FULL_PATH/file
require_files = ANOTHER_PATH/${lc:$local_part_data}
suffix = +*
suffix_optional
(...)

with full debugging (-d9), I noticed that the suffix is not stripped
from the local part when running that director.
However, when commenting the local_parts stuff out, ie

some_director:
driver = forwardfile
no_check_local_user
# local_parts = lsearch;FULL_PATH/file
# require_files = ANOTHER_PATH/${lc:$local_part_data}
suffix = +*
suffix_optional
(...)

I'm getting the debugging output I'm expecting:

(...)
stripped suffix +imap
calling some_director director
(...)

I'd like to know if this is indeed how things should work, in which
case I'll follow another path.

Regards,

Bernard Stern, SWITCH

        mail: SWITCH Head Office       a          Tel: +41 1 268 1520
              Limmatquai 138           n          Fax: +41 1 268 1568
              CH-8001 Zurich           d        e-mail: stern@???