Re: [Exim] Outlook 4.xx and AUTH

Autor: Marian Eichholz
A: Oscar Martin
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Outlook 4.xx and AUTH
Oscar Martin wrote:

[AUTH= - patch ]

> Unfortunately, Philip has decided not to include it in the main distribution
> because is too heavy crack of standard.

Maybe the patch will become obsolete, when OL4 expires.

> In the online exim manual http://www.exim.org/exim-html-3.20/doc/html/spec.html
> you can read how to use plaintext authenticator to authenticate LOGIN style.
> Outlook 4.xx (I don't know if 2K version too) requires an specific prompt to
> work.
> if you use other prompt, Outlook will omit the authenticate.

My apologies. I better searched the plaintext.

> With this options, work for me

It works well with Outlook 2000, too (without need for the patch).
But - MS - the special prompt form is necessary for Outlook 2K, too.

Thank You for the hints.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / Yours sincerely

Marian Eichholz

--
freenet.de AG          Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Gerhard Schmid
Deelbögenkamp 4c       Vorstand: Eckhard Spoerr (Vors.), Axel Krieger