Re: [Exim] Re: BUG: mailq doesn't behave as expected

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Philip Hazel
To: Rusty Russell
CC: exim-users, mark
題目: Re: [Exim] Re: BUG: mailq doesn't behave as expected
On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Rusty Russell wrote:

> This would be lying, because it *doesn't* show messages from me.
> Remember, mh sends via tcp to port 25, 127.0.0.1.
>
> The whole concept of only showing "my" messages is broken. At least
> give me notice that exim has failed!

Originally, -bp worked for everybody. Then security worries caused me to
restrict it. I'm quite happy to restrict it to admin users only, period.
I don't actually think non-admin users actually make much use of it -
what do ordinary users know? :-) [And fewer and fewer messages nowadays
originate on the hosts where the MUA is running, and, as you say, even
those that do sometimes use TCP/IP and so don't count.]