[Exim] How to get rid of bounces on a secondary MX?

Página Inicial
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] How to get rid of bounces on a secondary MX?
Hi,

we have a machine A that serves as secondary MX for some domains, and
as primary MX for some other domains. A does not do any local
deliveries, everything is passed on to other machines via SMTP.

When a mail from outside comes in on A, and the primary MX for that
domain refuses the message, our postmaster gets the bounce.

This is particularly annoying for our own domain (let it be
example.com), where A is primary MX and hands messages down to our
internal mail server that is only reachable via A. A few of our
ex-employees have managed to get into every major spam database
possible, and they get a LOT of spam. Our internal mail server refuses
the address, and I get a bounce. Yuck.

Is there a way to make exim trying immediately (after RCPT, but before
DATA of an incoming message) if the recipient's address is
deliverable, refusing the incoming mesage if not? Or is it possibly a
better way to have a router that explictly rejects incoming messages
for these non-existent addresses?

Any hints will be appreciated.

Greetings
Marc