Re: [Exim] virusscanning for incoming mail

Autor: Rainer Link
A: Christian Froemmel
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] virusscanning for incoming mail
Christian Froemmel wrote:

> Well, I have a local setup with exim and amavis and all local mail, mail
> for subdomains and outgoing messages are scanned. and i even had to do a
> setup where the scanning exim has NO real local users (except a few,
> including my adress), so the scanning-exim has to pass all incoming mails
> to internal mailservers. so you see, it is possible to scan mails with
> amavis incoming, outgoing and locally. It was covered in the README.exim
> of amavis (and some mailing-list-digging). but i had to make a few changes
> the amavis-script to get this working.
>
> If anyone is interested in those small changes contact me.

Well, would you mind to contribute your changes back to the development
team? Either send them directly to me or use the Patch Manager at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/amavis/

> > Therefore we are looking too for another solution, which works
> > together with Sophos Sweep. Has anybody an idea?
>
> I don't know if amavis supports this scanner, i'm running the
> h+bedv-antvir without ANY trouble (and it's quite cheap for academic-use),
> and another advantage is, that they update quite often.

Sophos Sweep is of course support - for a long time. All supported anti
virus products and some additional information can be found in
README.scanners.

best regards,
Rainer Link

--