re: [Exim] virusscanning for incoming mail

Autor: Brian West
A: Rick Ballard
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: re: [Exim] virusscanning for incoming mail
exiscan serializes the scanning process and is WAY TOO slow for what we
need. Amavis can scan in parallel thus being about 400% faster. I tried
exiscan on a box that scan 500+ emails in a 5 min period and it couldn't
keep up. after about an hour it we had about 3000 emails sitting in the
mailq and the number was just growing. I quickly reset the config to use
amavis and it thrashed thru the whole mailq in less than 10 min.

Later,
Brian