著者: Georg v. Zezschwitz
To: exim-users
題目: [Exim] Accelerating delivery
Hi!

I wonder if any tools exist to "prebuild" a wait-remote-smtp database.
I inject some thousand mails into the exim spool directory
by BSMTP. Before starting delivery, I'd like to build
a wait-remote-smtp database, so that Exim uses the feature of
delivering mails on the same TCP channel.

2 questions (mainly to Philip):

- Is this, in principle, a bad idea?

- Are there any tools existing, or other interested
people in such a tool?

Is the approach correct for such a Perl skript to:

- Use something like "exim_tidydb" to clear old entries
- Scan the spool directory in a loop, reading all receipients
  - Look, if that domain was already resolved:
     - Yes: Add this message-id to the list for the resolved
       mail host(s)
     - No: Resolve the MX and add the message to the host list.
  - Care about continuation records

And just another question:

- Will PIPELINING be used (if offered) on channelized
SMTP delivery?

Cheers,

Georg