Re: [Exim] Delaying local mail

Autor: Jeffrey Goldberg
A: David Watson
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Delaying local mail
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, David Watson wrote:

>     I've been asked to set up a mailing list (we use majordomo)
> which will take posts at any time but only deliver them between
> certain hours, mail outside those hours is to be send as individual
> messages at the "opening hour".

Look for a solution within majordomo itself. I believe that I have seen
this discussed on the majordomo mailing list.

majordomo (1.9*) also comes with a "newlist" script which is designed to
hold messages to a list while it is still new and still collecting
addresses. I suspect that very minor modification of that would do the
job.

If you want an exim solution, I would try to put together a condition on
router which checks
    (a) whether the message is from localuser majordom (or whatever)
    and if so.
    (b) defer if some particular files exists, otherwise deliver.

Then use cron to touch and remove the flag file.

I'm not sure exactly how to create that condition.

-j

--
Jeffrey Goldberg
I have recently moved, see http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/contact.html