[Exim] weird error with exim 3.20

Autor: Jeff burton
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: [Exim] Exim 3.22 released
Assumpte: [Exim] weird error with exim 3.20
I set up exim as a mail spooler at a co-location facility a few months ago
and it worked beutifly. I left it alone to go about its bussness working
like it should. Well last week I had a network outage here when a router
from our ISP died. The spooler didn't work at all this time. I started
looking at it this morning and I havent found anythign wrong. excpet this
when I telnet to the port it gives me this:

instead if the normal start message I expected. I have worked with it all
morning and havent been able to figure out whats up... any clues?

Thank you
Jeff Burton