Re: [Exim] Cannot route to ...

Página Inicial
Autor: David Saez Padros
Para: Yann Golanski, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Cannot route to ...
Hi !!

> On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:38:51AM +0100, David Saez Padros wrote:
> > I really don't know why, but when I get this error, I just try again
> > and all works ok.
>
> Contacts whoever is in charge of the DNS of the domain that you are
> trying to reach. And ask them to fix it!

It seems simple, but this solution will require that I spent my time
contacting dns administrators and asking them to fix it, when it will be
more simple to just configure exim to retry. The fact is that my users
complain to me because my mail server refuses to send email to EXISTENT
email addresses. If you add the time I had to explain that to my users
and the time I will have to spent to contact the dns administartors, I
will be all the mornign working for that, every day. No sense.

BTW, when I used sendmail I don't have this problem.

> No. you definitly *want* routing errors to fail.

Sorry, but I don't want it to fail immediatelly, I want it to retry at
least one time. That's my question, it's possible to do that ? I don't
want to discuss if it's ok for you or not, I just want to know how can
I setup exim to do that.

--
Thanx & best regards ...

     David Saez Padros                  e-mail  david@???
     On-Line Services 2000 S.L.
     Trafalgar 78 2º 2ª B               voice   +34 93 315 15 93
     08010 Barcelona (Spain)            movil   +34 670 35 27 53
     http://www.ols.es                  fax     +34 93 268 35 90
     http://www.ols.es/~david/