Re: [Exim] Mailing list split?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Yann Golanski
Para: Tabor J. Wells
CC: Dave C., exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Mailing list split?
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 11:26:34AM -0500, Tabor J. Wells wrote:
> (subject changed to match thread drift)

thanks.

> As far as new user questions flooding the proposed exim-dev list, the
> exim-users list is already restricted to member only posts. A handful of
> us approve non-member posts for approval when they come in. The same
> should be applied to weed basic questions which can be rejected with a
> "off topic for exim-dev, try exim-users instead" message. And if they do
> subscribe to the list, then the welcome message should state clearly at
> the top what is and is not on topic for the list.

Are two lists really necessary? I don't think so. Look at exim-POP and
exim-IMAP (or whatever they are called -- shows you how much those are
used) that were created when there was a lot of talk about POP/IMAP.
Still, there is no traffic on those list and there hasn't been anything
posted in the last month or so.

As for high traffic lists, this is one of those things you have procmail
or a filter file and dump mails in folders that you can read at your
leasure when you have the time.

I don't see a need for two lists...

--
Dr Yann Golanski                                      Senior Developer
         Please use PGP: http://www.kierun.org/pgp/key-planet