Re: [Exim] strip the mail on forwarding.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Vadim Vygonets
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] strip the mail on forwarding.
Quoth Jeremy C. Reed on Fri, Jan 12, 2001:
> On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Ilya wrote:
> > Hi. We have several users with wireless phone, which are able to recieve
> > email. But this email must not be larger than certain number of characters.
>
> I am curious. How do these wireless phones retrieve their mail?
> (Or are they actual mail hosts that mail is relayed to?)

In Israel, one of the mobile phone providers has an e-mail-to-SMS
gateway, and the other two have web sites that allow people to
send SMS messages through them (and there's a perl script
floating around that receives an e-mail message on stdin and
sends it via the web sites).

Vadik.

--
I was part of that strange race of people aptly described as spending
their lives doing things they detest to make money they don't want to