Re: [Exim] strip the mail on forwarding.

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeremy C. Reed
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Ilya
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [Exim] strip the mail on forwarding.
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Ilya wrote:

> Hi. We have several users with wireless phone, which are able to recieve
> email. But this email must not be larger than certain number of characters.

I am curious. How do these wireless phones retrieve their mail?
(Or are they actual mail hosts that mail is relayed to?)

> Is it possible to orginize forwarding so that the mail be cut off by exim?
> we want to deliver at least first couple of lines, so that users will know
> who is contacting them.

I have a feeling that this is a job for the server that the wireless
phone's email client software contacts to retrieve the mail.

If it uses POP3, contact me off-list, I am sure I can help you with this
project.

Jeremy C. Reed
http://www.reedmedia.net/