Re: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Jerry A!
Para: Jeremy C. Reed
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup
On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 12:37:27PM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
: On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Jerry A! wrote:
:
: > Actually, it is a symlink. Actually /usr/bin/mail, /usr/bin/newaliases,
: > /usr/bin/mailq, /usr/sbin/sendmail and /usr/lib/sendmail are all
: > symbolic links to /usr/sbin/exim.
:
: Why is /usr/bin/mail a symlink to exim?

Sendmail compatibility mostly. I don't know what scripts will break, so
I just create the same links that sendmail does. Thus things like "echo
foo | mail someone@???" don't break.

I know that exim doesn't allow the user to read their mail.

If I need /usr/bin/mail to be an MUA, then I'll install mailx and relink
/usr/bin/mail to point to /usr/bin/mailx. However, I don't currently
have a single system I'm working on where people use mail(x) as their
MUA.

        --Jerry

name:  Jerry Alexandratos         ||  Open-Source software isn't a
phone: 703.599.6023               ||  matter of life or death...
email: jerry@???           ||  ...It's much more important