Re: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup

Página Inicial
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: George Wright
CC: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Remote delivery problem on dialup
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, George Wright wrote:

> I am having a problem with remote mail delivery on my dialup machine.

<snip>

2001-01-11 15:20:43 14GoDD-0000hb-00 <= gtw@cyclops U=gtw P=local S=449
id=20010111152042.A2698@cyclops
2001-01-11 15:20:45 14GoDD-0000hb-00 => gtw3@??? R=smarthost
T=remote_smtp H=smtp.mail.rcn.net [207.172.4.99]
2001-01-11 15:20:45 14GoDD-0000hb-00 Completed

These log lines show that Exim delivered the message to 207.172.4.99
successfully. If it didn't get delivered, the problem is on that host,
and I guess you'll have to bother its postmaster.

> If someone could at least give me some ideas on where to poke around to
> start to
> figure out where the ball is being dropped, I would really appreciate it.

I suppose you could run a delivery with -d to see what the SMTP dialogue
looks like. (I see that that host is running Exim, incidentally.) If you
do that, you can take the identifier that the server sends back on the
final OK response, and send it to the postmaster, saying "what happened
to this message?"