Re: [Exim] SMTP incoming data timeout - closing connection

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: dimitry
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP incoming data timeout - closing connection
On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Dmitry Alyabyev wrote:

> I've just upgraded from exim 2-* to exim 3-20 and now I have some
> strange situation. Some messages are in queue for long time with the
> messages "SMTP incoming data timeout - closing connection" in
> exim_mainlog.

That doesn't make sense. Messages in the queue are outgoing messages.
The error "SMTP incoming data timeout" indicates an error on in incoming
message.

> When I've tried to deal with the messages, I found that all of them
> doesn't have CR/LF on the final line. And when I added the CR/LF to
> the final line the messages go out without any problems.

I will run some tests when I get a moment to see if there is a problem
here. Exim should be able to handle messages without a final LF. It
should add one.