Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Vadim Vygonets
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.
Quoth Philip Hazel on Sun, Jan 07, 2001:
> On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Ruth Ivimey-Cook wrote:
> > It would seem to me that exim
> > could reimplement gethostbyname() using code it already includes, and so
> > avoid this issue.
>
> No, I'm afraid it couldn't, because gethostbyname() looks at data sources
> other than the DNS, usually by consulting /etc/nsswitch.conf.

Or /etc/irs.conf, depending in your UNIX flavour... No. Some
things should stay in libc and _not_ be re-implemented in
portable programs (or anywhere, for that matter).

Maybe Exim should use gethostbyname() less, using DNS resolver
functions instead.

Vadik.

--
To the systems programmer, users and applications serve only to
provide a test load.