Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.

Top Pagina
Auteur: Kai Henningsen
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.
ph10@??? (Philip Hazel) wrote on 07.01.01 in <Pine.SOL.4.21.0101071218580.13064-100000@???>:

> I suspect the info-lovers wouldn't like me if I abolished the Texinfo
> version, though maybe I'm wrong. Maybe HTML is taking over. Would
> anybody out there who uses the Texinfo documentation like to comment?

I don't like info, but it seems we currently have no other format that
supports fast searches from the browser and fast load times and structured
maneuverability, except info.

It seems it ought to be relatively easy to implement for html, but for
whatever reason, that has not happened. Man has neither fast load times
nor structured maneuverability (text also misses the latter), and html
doesn't have fast searches from the browser.

MfG Kai