Re: [Exim] Delay-Warnings although mail is frozen?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sascha E. Pollok
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Delay-Warnings although mail is frozen?
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Sascha E. Pollok wrote:
>
> > When looking at "exim -bp", we see the mail ** frozen **. Is it normal
> > that Exim keeps sending warnings for these messages? And if yes, is it
> > possible to turn this off?
>
> I hadn't thought about that. I can see that people might want it either
> way. After all, if the message is frozen, it still isn't being
> delivered, so you might still want to send a warning message to the
> sender. I'll think about possible ways of controlling this.

Hmm. When I actually came to look at the code, I find that Exim should
not send a warning message for a message that is already frozen, unless
there is some kind of unfreezing happening. However, if a message
becomes frozen during delivery, it might send a warning afterwards.

So, please can you send me more details of the problem you see. If a
message arrives, is immediately frozen, and stays frozen, I do not
believe any warnings will ever be sent.

However, if (for example) you have auto_thaw set, so that a frozen
message "wakes up" and tries delivery again, and is again frozen, a
warning might be sent after that delivery attempt.