Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim 4 ideas.
On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:45:48 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>There was a posting on this list not very long ago that had a very
>cunning way of getting round this. The mail is stored externally, in
>BSMTP format, but only after it's been on the queue for a certain time.
>(Once a store file exists, new messages go there immediately.) Then the
>ETRN triggers a call of exim -bS to read the messages back into Exim,
>which tries to deliver, and now succeeds. Incoming mail while the client
>is online gets delivered immediately. Thus, no non-Exim delivery
>mechanism is required. In effect, you build your own secondary queue.
>(You need to build your own mechanism for inspecting such queues.)

I liked that idea when it came up back, but I feel there is the
possibility of having messages cycling between BSMTP queue and main
queue just in case the host is there, issues ETRN commands and then
fails to accept the messages. I am still in favor of having a
dedicated delivery scheme for that. Or am I too paranoid here?

Does anybody know if perl's Net::SMTP modules are good enough in error
handling?

Greetings
Marc