Re: [Exim] Exim v4 - thoughts

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Kai Henningsen
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim v4 - thoughts
On 5 Jan 2001, Kai Henningsen wrote:

> Sort of inverse transports. Maybe "injectors" or "acceptors" would be a
> usable term.

Interesting idea. I will think about this one, especially as the great
support for ACLs means that the sections of the config file are going to
have to change anyway.

For everyone's info: In a week or so, when the discussion dies down,
I'll probably work on a revised planning document, incorporating the new
idea that I like.

> (Incidentally, it seems we currently have no way to get at the
> environment. Looks like it should be easy to create a string expansion
> item for this, say ${env:UU_MACHINE}.)

Such expansions would be useful only when receiving a local message.
Until something like your "injectors" is implemented, this action isn't
separated out, so you don't know where ${env: could be usefully used.

I'm not really sure if I like this idea because of what arbitrary users
could set. You can achieve much the same effect at present by using the
-D command line option to set macros for the configuration file. This is
restricted to admin users. (Well, what actually happens is that Exim
gives up root privilege if a non-admin user uses -D.)