[Exim] feature request?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Gary Palmer
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: [Exim] feature request?
Hi,

One thing I'd like to see in exim is a variant of the receiver_verify
option which only verifies the recipient if the recipients domain
matches local_domains and/or local_domains_include_host_literals. You
can do it manually, but you have to duplicate local_domains into
receiver_verify_addresses, and then add the IP address(es) of your
servers too, which seems a bit silly when exim could do it all
internally.

This will be useful in situations where the host is a smarthost and
you want local addresses verified at SMTP time, but want to handle
remote addresses as normal. I believe this to be useful as most SMTP
clients available today for home users do not handle SMTP-time errors
gracefully and often report misleading information, whereas bounce
messages more accurately describe the situation.

TIA,

Gary