Re: AW: [Exim] Replacing Netscape Messaging w/ Exim and mail…

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: AW: [Exim] Replacing Netscape Messaging w/ Exim and mailbox forma t questions
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:02:29 +0100, "Pasch, Christoph"
<Christoph.Pasch@???> wrote:
>Please have a look at the cyrus imap-server. This will be a good addition to
>exim to get the imap-part running. It is also using seperate files with a
>common cyrus/mail user/group.

I am not particularly fond of Cyrus because of its proprietary storage
mechanism that prevents you from accessing your local mail spool with
other tools (for example for debugging purposes). I'd recommend having
a look into the IMAP and POP3 servers that come with the Courier MTA.

Greetings
Marc