Re: [Exim] Require_files error has changed?

Author: John Horne
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [Exim] Require_files error has changed?
On 11-Dec-00 at 17:13:01 Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, John Horne wrote:
>> Not really a problem, but I'm wondering if the 'require_files' code for
>> localuser directors has changed recently?
>
>> I could find nothing relevant in the ChangeLog file about this.
>
> How about this change, from 3.164:
>
> 4. Changed what happens if a user or group name in a require_files list
> does not exist. Previously Exim panicked. Now it just fails the
> require_files condition. Change 15 of 3.161 made $local_part as a user
> name unusable in a localuser director, because it panicked for
> non-local-users. This change makes it useable again.

Yes, I did see it but was unsure that it was 'relevant' to this instance -
Exim wasn't panicing under 3.13 or 3.20. It says it should just fail the
require_files condition, but it doesn't it prints out a message whereas it
didn't before. My concern here is that we have a utility program to check
mail addresses - which uses 'exim -d0 -bt' - and only expects to see the
destination. I can easily enough stick in a bit to tell it to ignore the
messages, but was unsure if exim 3.20 was *supposed* to print them or not,
and especially so when '-d0' was specified. I'd rather only see the messages
if '-d1' or greater is specified.

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???