Re: [Exim] LDAP: both mailbox and alias delivery at the same…

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Marc Langer
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] LDAP: both mailbox and alias delivery at the same time
On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Marc Langer wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 14:19:15 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Check out the "extract" expansion operator for extracting individual
> > sub-fields.
>
> Sorry, I have read the documentation for hours now, but I wasn't able
> to understand how I can use "extract" in a director with
> "query=...". Could you please give me a little example (it doesn't need
> to be LDAP, I just want to understand the syntax).

My apologies. I don't think I read the question properly. (I was at
home, not at work, with only a short time to answer because I had to to
a funeral. I don't have much time now either - it's weekend and I have
non-Exim things to do.)

I'm sorry I caused to you waste time reading the manual. I was being
stupid. You can't use "extract" with "query", of course, only when you
are using an expansion string. If I recall correctly, you were using an
aliasfile director with an LDAP extraction? Something like

xxx:
driver = aliasfile
search_type = ldap
query = <...the LDAP query...>

Is that right? If so, what you could do is change to using smartuser
instead. Something like this:

xxx:
  driver = smartuser
  new_address = ${lookup ldap{...the LDAP query...}\
                 {${extract{fieldname}{$value}}} fail}

I hope that helps.