Re: [Exim] Exim goes crazy

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Holland
Para: Armin M. Hornetz, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim goes crazy
On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 10:39:47AM +0000, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Armin M. Hornetz wrote:
> > Although exim seems to work fine for several weeks, it once in a while
> > turns wild and gets /et#/aliases instead of the default /etc/aliases
> While it might be an exim problem, it could also be bad memory
> or a flakey disk. I've heard of a system with some bad memory which
> repeatedly produced the same error in the same cached file.

'#' = 00100011
'c' = 01100011

I'd say it was dodgy RAM. If this is on a PC-style machine, you might be
able to track it down with something like memtest86. See
http://reality.sgi.com/cbrady_denver/memtest86/

Good luck,

Dave
--
David Holland           =*=   Systems Manager   =*=   tel: 01487 772260
http://www.3glab.com/   =*=     3G Lab, UK      =*=   mob: 07968 488370