Re: [Exim] Exim goes crazy

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dr Andrew C Aitchison
Para: Armin M. Hornetz
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Exim goes crazy
On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Armin M. Hornetz wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Without any reason our exim installation starts to give the following
> error message:
> "D=system_aliases defer (-18): failed to open /et#/aliases for linear
> search: No such file or directory"
>
> Although exim seems to work fine for several weeks, it once in a while
> turns wild and gets /et#/aliases instead of the default /etc/aliases
>
> Any idea on where this problem might be generated?

While it might be an exim problem, it could also be bad memory
or a flakey disk. I've heard of a system with some bad memory which
repeatedly produced the same error in the same cached file.

--
Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison        Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
A.C.Aitchison@???    http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna