Re: [Exim] Changing domain in Helo Statement

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Allan Rafuse
Cc: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Changing domain in Helo Statement
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Allan Rafuse wrote:

> PRIMARY_HOSTNAME = mysql;select domain from domainlist where domain='$sender_address_domain'
> primary_hostname = PRIMARY_HOSTNAME
>
> When I send it out, exim sends: mysql;select domain from domainlist where domain='$sender_address_domain'
> as it's helo string! How can I fix this/work around it.

1. primary_hostname is not an expanded string.

2. If it was expanded, your syntax is not correct. You would need a
${lookup ...} expansion item.

3. Even if it was expanded every time it was used (as you seem to
expect), what should it do when there is no sender address - i.e. in
bounce messages?

4. primary_hostname is used in places other than the HELO line, for
example while receiving *incoming* messages. There's no sender address
at that time.

What you need as the ability to vary what the smtp transport sends as
its argument to EHLO, not a way of changing the primary host name.
Unfortunately, there is no such option at present.