[Exim] Logging

Autor: Warren Baker
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: RE: [Exim] What do you want in a book?
Assumpte: [Exim] Logging
Do you think it would be feasible to have the ability to let
Exim log to a MySQL/Postgres/<whatever> db ?

From a client services and reporting point of view, it would be easier to
extract logs from a db with a couple of SQL commands which could be
output to a webpage, using php/perl etc. One wouldnt have to worry about
log rotation (this would obviously depend on how busy your server is).
In a multiple servers environment, logs could be written to one central
db. This function would give support the ability to search on dates
amongst other things.

Currently we have a separate server which is doing ETRN for few thousand
domains and our support department rely on Exims logs to see when ETRN's
were sent and any other info relating to a particular domain
i.e. timeouts etc.
We are now going to move into a clustered environment (IMAP/POP3/ETRN) and
adding db logging would help in this matter.

Maybe I am heading in the wrong direction but how does everyone else
handle centralized logging in a clustered environment without forgetting
about client services ?

Thanks,
Warren