RE: [Exim] What do you want in a book?

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Dave C.
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] What do you want in a book?
On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Dave C. wrote:

> Perhaps once the book text is set to print, you could maintain a
> CHANGES file much like you do now between electronic documentation
> updates, but this would include all changes that have occured since the
> book..

The book will never be up-to-date. In fact, it is already out of date,
though I am attempting to include the more important 3.20 changes in it.
It is also not complete. I am not including some of the very special,
rarely required features such as translate_ip_address. What I see the
book as being is an introduction and tutorial to the overall way Exim
works, including the main features, but not trying to be a replacement
for the reference manual.

The book will be "3.16 with some 3.20 features", so a list of changes is
already available by reading the 3.20 ChangeLogs onwards.