Re: [Exim] SMTP out with PAM authentication, Debian

Autor: jens-ingo brodesser
A: exim-users
CC: Dave C.
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] SMTP out with PAM authentication, Debian
At 11:06 -0500 1/12/00, you wrote:

>Actually, it has more to do with the "unknown condition pam" - my guess
>would be that the exim binary you are using wasn't compiled with pam
>support. (pam is "pluggable authentication modules" - used extensively
>by RedHat, and I think Solaris. Either way, its a library for which
>suport must be compiled into exim in order to use it)

that doesn't seem to be the problem, i already asked the debian
package maintainer :

>On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 03:43:34PM +0100, jens-ingo brodesser wrote:

>> i try to configure exim to work with pam authentication and i wonder if the
>> unstable Debian package is compiled with authorization enabled
>> (AUTH_CRAM_MD5=yes, AUTH_PLAINTEXT=yes) ?

>Yes it is. So is the stable one.

also the smtp out works partially, i am able to send to local users
now, remote locations are unreachable though.

the error must be somewhere in these directives :

host_auth_accept_relay = *
host_accept_relay = localhost: 213.35.95.0/24

--
-jens-ingo