Re: [Exim] An interesting problem with large spools

Author: Paul Robinson
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] An interesting problem with large spools
Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:

> Outlook seems to do that to people.

Not as much as Word does. "But it's only a few hundred kilobytes here in
text format, and it looks the same on my screen in Word - why are you
shouting at me?" :-)

> AFAICT, gnu-pop3d supports mysql / ldap and suchlike quite well. There is also
> a patch to handle virtual domains.

Any pointers to it? The official website is a bit sparse, and the docs out
of the tarball have no mention of mysql in them at all... if there is a
patch out there that works in the same way as "the" mysql-exim-qpopper patch
I would be definitely interested in taking a look. I was a bit concerned
about the TODO file though:

foo# more TODO
* UIDL
* Other extensions?
* Security audit
* Bug fixes
foo#

Now, call me a cynic if you like, but something doesn't quite feel right
here, and the version number (0.9.8) is making me a little edgy as well. Are
you winding me up? :-)

I'll take a look at it properly tomorrow. This evening, I am going to try
and get MySQL to build on my FreeBSD machine. It doesn't want to, but that's
no business of this list. Just thought I would ramble on a bit... How do you
give a venture capitalist a heart attack? Boo! ... Well, *I* thought it was
funny...

Thanks for the info Suresh.

--
| Paul Robinson - Technical Director @ Akitanet - http://www.akita.co.uk |