Re: [Exim] Failure modes for NIS+ lookups?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tabor J. Wells
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Failure modes for NIS+ lookups?
On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, Tabor J. Wells wrote:

> Admittedly I don't understand NIS+ as well as I should, but is there any
> way to differentiate a lookup failure of "user doesn't exist" vs "I can't
> lookup this user right now because the NIS+ server is unavailable"

I don't understand NIS+ either. However, looking at the code (can't
remember where it came from - maybe I copied what Smail does) it doesn't
seem to distinguish any error codes when a lookup fails. If there's a
status code that indicates server not available, then the code could be
changed to defer instead of fail. I've put this on my list to look at,
but it won't be soon, I'm afraid.