Re: [Exim] Washington mbx again

Author: Peter Radcliffe
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Washington mbx again
Sujit Choudhury <s.choudhury@???> probably said:
> How widely Cyrus is used in the user community?

I run cyrus, a lot of other people run cyrus, so presumably some users
use it.

> Also can anybody give some idea about my original question about how
> much virtual memory is needed? Is it dependent on the number of mails
> in the mailbox (i.e. the size of the index) or the total size of the
> mailbox like unix mailbox format?

cyrus uses it's own mailbox format which is one of the most efficient
out there (I believe, but I havn't done any formal testing) and can
tweak/change it between versions, since cyrus is a closed system
and nothing else has to read it.

It's certainly more like maildir than mailbox, file per message, and I
believe the indexes are kept seperately and not generated on the fly,
so it's pretty good on memory usage.

If you want further details, read the docs ...

P.

--
pir                  pir@???                    pir@???