Re: [Exim] Washington mbx again

Author: Sujit Choudhury
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Washington mbx again
On Thu, 16 Nov 2000 09:39:22 -0800 (PST) Tom Samplonius <tom@???>
wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Nov 2000, Yann Golanski wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 12:16:39PM +0000, Sujit Choudhury wrote:
> > > Can anybody tell me all or some of the following things about MBX
> > > format mailboxes on Unix machines used with EXIM MTA:
> > >
> > > 1. Is it possible to share individual folder (not all the folders of
> > > one person)?
> >
> > Nope. You're thinking WindowZ here. There are hacks that you can do to
> > allow those things, but you need to use maildirs -- and they involve
> > lots of hard links and the like.
>
> I really don't see what that has do with Windows.
>
> Cyrus handles mailbox sharing properly and without errors. Of course,
> you want to use IMAP for this as POP on shared mailboxes makes no sense.
> Also, some IMAP clients get confused if another client has deleted a
> message. Of course you can use Cyrus ACLs to make sure only one person
> can delete messages.
>
> Tom

How widely Cyrus is used in the user community?
Also can anybody give some idea about my original question about how
much virtual memory is needed?  Is it dependent on the number of mails
in the mailbox (i.e. the size of the index) or the total size of the
mailbox like unix mailbox format?
Sujit Choudhury
University of North London
E-Mail    : S.Choudhury@???