Re: [Exim] Procmail and loops

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: Suresh Ramasubramanian
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Procmail and loops
This does not give me any hint: whay i want is just avoid that any
message processed by procmail lose the original header sender
line !
How i avoided the loop is done, then came this other problem !

On 18 Nov 2000, at 9:27, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Leonardo Boselli rearranged electrons thusly:
> > Since i have one list whose messages can be recognized only by
> > the sender: header i have to sort tens of messages a day by hand.
> > Can someone help me ???
> You could try the procmail FAQ at http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail - which has
> a section on avoiding this (basically, use formail to insert an X-Loop:
> header, which you check for before sending back any bounces / autoresponses) -
> or you have situations where bounces go into an infinite loop.
> And you can set the sender by specifying it in the exim / sendmail command.

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile
Universita` di Firenze