[Exim] Procmail and loops

Author: Leonardo Boselli
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Procmail and loops
I use to forward all my message to two more address. my .forward
was :
address1    #just the username, is another user on the same serve
addr.2@??? #my home account
/usr/bin/procmail

All was nice until one day i (that administer some lists) received a
series of error messages due someone having his mailbox full.
After some hour (actually from 2 to 7 in the morning !) aven the box
at addr.2 filled, and that system began to send back a message
saying that the message was not deleverable, back to the sender,
that was the list-admin that turned back to my address, that turned
back to ....... well, the only thing that led to a stop was when exim
stopped by sending since too many processes was running ...
I was then forced to change the .forward file putting procmail at the
first place and removing the second forward.
I then put a rule that forwarded all messages ONLY if they did not
come from mail-system@??? .
This stopped the loop, but the day after at home had a sad surprise:
the messages that are forwarded have all as sender my address.
Since i have one list whose messages can be recognized only by
the sender: header i have to sort tens of messages a day by hand.
Can someone help me ???

Leonardo Boselli
nucleo informatico e telematico
Dipartimento Ingegneria Civile