[Exim] Mental Core Dump: Python Virus Scanner

Author: Barry Pederson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Mental Core Dump: Python Virus Scanner
I've cleaned up my Exim/Perl/Python/F-Secure virus scanner I mentioned a few
days ago in response to Marc Haber's post, and placed it at:

http://www.med.und.nodak.edu/users/barryp/exim_python_scan-20001117.tar.gz

It's only about 9kb. Hopefully, in cleaning, I didn't screw something up, but
a few quick tests seemed to work ok. Use at your own risk, etc.

I believe it comes pretty close to fullfilling most of Marc's requirements
(a..g), but for (f), only a few of those actions are implemented.

While cleaning, I had a few ideas on how to make a more general Python
framework for scanning, to more easily add other scanners besides F-Secure
Antivirus for Linux. Hopefully I can put something togther in the near
future.

Enjoy

    barry