[Exim] Testing for error_message in system filter

Author: Richard Gilbert
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Testing for error_message in system filter
I noticed today that exiscan caught a virus in a .exe file which was sent
as an attachment. But it shouldn't have got that far, I thought, as I had
incorporated Nigel Metheringham's rules for checking for .exe files and
all those other file extensions. The reason was that it arrived as spam
with a sender address of <>. Ever since I started using a system filter
it has contained

if error_message then finish endif

near the top, as suggested in filter.txt. I have now removed this test.

I am reporting this to the list in case it is helpful to other people.

Richard
--
Richard Gilbert
Corporate Information and Computing Services