[Exim] Message log corruption

Author: Graham Leggett
To: Exim Users
Subject: [Exim] Message log corruption
Hi all,

I've just noticed a weird thing with v3.03 of Exim. There are a number
of messages in the mailqueue that are undeliverable due to user quotas
being exceeded. I increased the quota and told exim to -qff, and exim
came back with a whole lot of error messages:

2000-11-17 11:25:20 13wAGt-0003qP-00 unable to update spool header file
for 13wAGt-0003qP-00 after reading journal

Looking at the spool header file reveals that it has been trucated, the
file is exactly 4 clusters in size.

Is this a known problem with Exim? I'll try upgrade the software (as
soon as my net connection works again) and see if it makes a difference.

More importantly though - if I delete these truncated spool header files
from the msglog directory, will it still be possible to deliver the
messages?

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@???        "There's a moon