[Exim] RFC822 Message-Id

Author: Sebastian Stark
Subject: [Exim] RFC822 Message-Id
I have set

queue_remote_domains = ! *.localnet gosh.todesplanet.de
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 0
smtp_banner = "Sendmail ESMTP on CP/M v3.0 ${tod_full}"
primary_hostname = gosh.todesplanet.de
exim_user = "exim"
exim_group = "mail"
forbid_domain_literals
local_domains = 127.0.0.1:localhost:gosh.todesplanet.de:todesplanet.de
never_users = root
host_lookup = 0.0.0.0/0

in the main section of my configure file.
but, as you see, the Message-Id in my messages do not contain the FQDN of this
host. Instead, they look like <somenumber@gosh>. What is wrong with my
configure file? I heard the rfc822 message-id header _must_ contain FQDNs.

As I understand, exim uses "primary_hostname" for message-id generation and if
this is not present it uses uname(). uname(1) just outputs the _host_name, in
this case it will be "gosh". So, how does exim get the domainname of the
system? (If I don't set primary_hostname.)

Sebastian