Re: [Exim] Some newbie questions

Author: Yann Golanski
To: Benj
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Some newbie questions

Please, do read the documentation at www.exim.org ...

> Here is what I would like to do, a step by step instructions would be VERY
> welcome.
> I use exim as my web server mail agent, and I'm the only one on this server,
> no user account.
>
> 1) Limit spool size to 20 megs. Reject email is spool size is reached.

Why on earth would you want to do that? I don't see why this would be
usefull...

The best way to do that is to actully have a spool partition which is
only 20 megs.

> 2) Reject message (attachements included) bigger than 5 megs

RTFM: return_size_limit
RTFM: message_size_limit

> 3) Prevent attacks of users sending tons of message just to crash my mail
> server.

RTFM: smtp_accept_max
RTFM: smtp_accept_max_per_host
RTFM: queue_run_max
RTFM: deliver_load_max

Just to name a few...

--
        Please use PGP when replying to this message
Dr Yann Golanski                            Internet Systems Developer