Re: [Exim] Some newbie questions

Author: Tony Crawford
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Some newbie questions
Benj wrote (on 14 Nov 2000, at 19:08):

> I tell you that the exim manual with all the parameters looks
> really unfriendly. I'm very newbie in the Unix world, and
> there are no clear and precise chapters titled "How to limit a
> message size"...... for example. Of course there are lots of
> parameters to set, but when you are new and when you get
> there, I can assure you you don't know what to find and
> where.

Newbie to newbie: If you carefully read the first "chapter" of
the "info" document--the two or three pages describing exim's
structure and the path taken by messages through the system--
much will become clear and you will be surprised at how you
suddenly know pretty much where to look for a lot of little
things. Yes, there are a zillion keywords with names that at
first seem obscure, but if you have a rough cognitive map for
them to fit into, they will snap in practically voluntarily.

T.

-- Tony Crawford
-- tc@???
-- +49-3341-30 99 99