[Exim] Exim, MySQL and multiple Servers

Author: Søren P. Skou
To: Exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim, MySQL and multiple Servers
Hi there

First post to the list :) So greetings All (hopefully I've killed this
mailer's HTML mailtendencies)

I've got a question regarding a MySQL enabled Exim.

As I have it now, a machine contains both MySQL server and Exim, and nothing
is wrong there, it's actually what I've been looking for, for some time now.
But, now as we expand with more and more customers and servers, I'd like to
have a setup that looks something like this (Oh, dear god, let the
formatting be right :)

-------- --------
|Mail 1| |Mail 2|
-------- --------
   |        |
   -----|----

     -------
     |Mysql|
     -------

(argh, this doesn't look good in Outlook, hopefully you get the idea..)

Mail 1 is MX for: foo.com and bar.com
Mail 2 is MX for: barfoo.com and foobar.com

in the table on the MySQL server I have the following entries (non
Interessting parts have been cut away)
username    domain
biff        foo.com
baff        bar.com
buff        barfoo.com
boff        foobar.com

Mail 1 has secondary mailserver at Mail2 and Viceversa.

First Situation
Mail 1 goes down, mail 2 gets the mail since the MX points to that one, but
mail is delivered locally on mail 2 and not queued for Mail 1, that is as
far as I can see, because Mail 2 can see the domain in the table, and that
it is MX for it.

Second Situation:

User biff@??? uses Mail 1 as SMTP server, and sends a mail to
buff@???, This is delivered locally on Mail 1 since it can see that
is is in the table.

Question:
Is there any way to get Exim not to deliver locally if it is not the best
MX? So that the above 2 Situations do not occur.

I've been scouring the archives for some time, and if it's there I've simply
overlooked it and apologize for that.

Friendly Greetings
Søren P. Skou
Systems Developer